8-year-old ragpicker gets electrocuted in Karnataka

author img

By PTI

Published : Jan 18, 2024, 2:29 PM IST

An eight-year-old ragpicker was electrocuted while he was trying to pull a metal wire installed at a transformer adjacent to a drain.

An eight-year-old ragpicker was electrocuted while he was trying to pull a metal wire installed at a transformer adjacent to a drain.

Bengaluru: An eight-year-old ragpicker got electrocuted on Thursday while he was trying to pull a rope fixed to a transformer adjacent to a drain at Manchenahalli in Chikkaballapura district, according to officials of Bangalore Electricity Supply Company Limited (BESCOM).

"While Nagendra pulled the guy wire it came in contact with the LT circuit and he got electrocuted. There is no fault of BESCOM in this case," said a BESCOM official. A guy wire is a tensioned cable designed to add stability to a freestanding structure.

Senior BESCOM officials visited the spot and were waiting for the report from the Electrical Inspectorate on the accident, he said. Near the accident spot, drainage and other work related to Chikkaballapura- Gowribidanuru National Highway was in progress, BESCOM said.

ETV Bharat Logo

Copyright © 2024 Ushodaya Enterprises Pvt. Ltd., All Rights Reserved.